Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

  •  Local Moves
  •  Interstate Moves
  •  International Relocation
  •  Commercial Moves
  •  Car Transport
  •  Boat Transport
  •  Storage
  •  Packing




           AIR SHIPMENTS

    The most frequent question our customers ask our professional consultants is “If I hire a good, reputable
    moving company like A AND B MOVING, why do I need insurance?”  The answer is, for the same reason
    excellent drivers still need to have car insurance – because regardless of how careful you are, the
    possibility of damages still exists.

    The following three options are available:

    Option 1 – Standard Valuation
    This type of coverage is provided by A AND B MOVING at no cost.  In the event of loss or damage, the total
    amount you will be entitled to recover is $0.60 (sixty cents) per pound per article.  For example, if a desk
    that weighs ten (10) pound is damaged, the most you can recover is $6.00, regardless of the value of the

    Option 2 - Additional Valuation (Declared Value)
    If a customer wishes a higher valuation for lost or damaged items, the customer must declare a value for
    such items.  This type of coverage is provided by A AND B MOVING at an extra charge of $3.85 per $100
    of declared value, subject to a $500 deductible. If the clients' shipment is valued above $50,000.00 and/or
    contains artwork, items of high value and/or individually valued items at more than $5,000.00, A AND B
    MOVING recommends Option 3.

    Option 3 – Insurance (Full Replacement Value)
    We recommend Baker International as the moving insurance company, which offers full replacement value
    directly to the customer.  This coverage is a more comprehensive coverage than valuation, and generally
    offers more options such as deductible levels and higher coverage.  This coverage option is more involved
    and needs to be obtained prior to the actual move date.  We strongly recommend that you notify your
    project manager at least one week prior to your move.

    If you have a homeowner or renters policy, your household goods may be covered while being moved,
    however, please check with your home insurance agent or carrier.

    “Building Certificate of Insurance”
    A AND B MOVING maintains in excess of $1,000,000 (One Million dollars) worth of General Liability
    insurance, as well as Disability and Worker's Compensation insurance coverage for our client's peace of
    mind.  Most residential buildings with an elevator will require Insurance Certificates prior to any work (not
    only move) performed on the premises.  The amount of insurance a company carries is a very important
    factor when choosing a mover.  Most building managements require insurance in the amount that A AND B
    MOVING is already covered for allowing us access to every residential building.  And don’t worry; there is
    no charge to you for issuing the “Certificate of Insurance”.


      Designed In House